No announcement yet.

Node have come through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine syncs at 21mb down 1.1 up, at a mates now in anula and he's fine, mate in moil is fked it seems it's the rim's that are congested. So that's why I'm asking if ppl in karama/woolner are fine still.

Comment

I havent seen any congestion that i am aware of here, however on saying that, when downloading it does fluctuate between 500kbs and 1.8mbs.
      Im still not sure if that is because i am acquiring things only hours after publication or congestion.

But connection still seems to be the same as when i first came on line.
      Ive got a mate in moil who cant do anything between 5 and 10 at night, said hed seen his ping hit the 3k mark and then fail, not internets, no online games nadda.
      every time i ping node its still around the 50 mark, when doing a 100 ping i have seen the odd one in the 80's but thats it.

Comment

Thanks, well will see i guess

Comment

Mine still congested.

I live in ROsbery Palmerston

Comment

Net was down for me from Saturday till Tuesday. Normally get about 900kbs now getting 180kbs.

Living in The Gardens.

Comment

Actually, funny you posted here Korny, ive got a work mate who lives in p/slum too, he couldnt do shit with is internet at night (was with aapt or iinet) swapped to the big T and surprise surprise - no more issues....

And my mate Epik in moil (node customer) has a little WOW player mate literally 3 houses up from him on Tel$tra who (while Epik cant surf the internet at all) is pinging servers at 40ms and gaming like the wind.........now there is no possible way that this is a coincidence ........not with the incoming NBN or stuff

Epik has been advised by node that his problems may be rectified - in up to 2 yrs if hes unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Crispy View Post
                Actually, funny you posted here Korny, ive got a work mate who lives in p/slum too, he couldnt do shit with is internet at night (was with aapt or iinet) swapped to the big T and surprise surprise - no more issues....

And my mate Epik in moil (node customer) has a little WOW player mate literally 3 houses up from him on Tel$tra who (while Epik cant surf the internet at all) is pinging servers at 40ms and gaming like the wind.........now there is no possible way that this is a coincidence ........not with the incoming NBN or stuff

Epik has been advised by node that his problems may be rectified - in up to 2 yrs if hes unlucky.
                nice to see Epik suffering.... =P

Comment

Anyone still having these problems?

Had a job with node since last Saturday, they said they found a fault and fixed it then closed the job, since then the connection has been much slower.

I am getting 56kb's now , If I restart my router it takes hours before it can connect again. Once its connected it seems to stay connected though.

Then net isn't so fun on 56kbs.

Comment

This sounds like a fucking joke. Have you tried emailing Simon Hackett and pleading your case? He's pretty cool with that sort of stuff. At least on Whirlpool he is.

But by the sound of things it's just Telstra playing hardball...

Comment

Well I opened another job shortly after but they said there will be a delay's due to the holiday.

Does the noise and attenuation seem normal here?

Type Interleave Path
                      Status SHOWTIME
                      ---------------------------Downstream Upstream
                      Data rate(Kbps) 648------------------ 578
                      Noise Margin 11------------------ 0
                      Output power(dBm) 32------------------ 16
                      Attenuation(dB) 122------------------120
                      Output power(dBm) 32------------------16
                      Attenuation(dB) 122 ------------------120

edit

Pinging internode.on.net [150.101.140.197] with 32 bytes of data:
                      Reply from 150.101.140.197: bytes=32 time=941ms TTL=60
                      Reply from 150.101.140.197: bytes=32 time=876ms TTL=60
                      Reply from 150.101.140.197: bytes=32 time=932ms TTL=60
                      Reply from 150.101.140.197: bytes=32 time=866ms TTL=60
                      Last edited by Tachi; 23-04-11, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tachi View Post
                        Noise Margin 11------------------ 0
                        Pings look bad. And it looks like your line is currently on a Stability Profile. Normally noise margin should be 6db (it starts to drop a lot of packets when it is 4db or lower)

12db is the margin of the stability profile. Meaning degrading line conditions will normally have to be pretty bad to cut the sync.

The downside of been on a stability profile is that you get slower sync speeds. But shouldnt be that low?

?? other than that I dont know.

Comment

Nothing you can do, all Rims and exchanges are congested and telstra don't want to spend money on there infrustructure... People have been waiting 6 years for cables to be re-run into their houses, Telstra doesn't care about a slow connection, If it works and syncs above 1.5 (If your on 1.5 or above) then they don't want to know unless you have a physical line fault.

Its frustrating because the net here is slow on peak hours for obvious reasons, but nothing we can do, nor the ISP.

Ultimately, if your service is working (working means syncing at or above 1.5 even on 24mbit) and there is no line fault, then they wont do anything.

Don't flame me, im just the messenger

Comment

Really hope I can still get those speeds when I move :?

Comment

Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                              This sounds like a fucking joke. Have you tried emailing Simon Hackett and pleading your case? He's pretty cool with that sort of stuff. At least on Whirlpool he is.

But by the sound of things it's just Telstra playing hardball...
                              I am pretty sure Node has enabled all the Darwin exchanges but the fibre is not finished yet, as soon as it gets finished node will turn everything on

Whirlpool would be the place to confirm and someone from node will usually respond

Comment

Working...
                              X