No announcement yet.

Minecraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah....dont be tempted to buy it. Its a really slow loading shameless tie in that doesnt really deliver and funnels money into some douches pocket. It runs a similar blocky world on your ihpone, but no creatures, tools, health, day night cycle...its just crap basically and the controls are hard to use. Its like a really cut down alpha. Id wait to see if anything was created by mojang instead.

Comment

• Mo'Creatures mod

Community Mod - includes humas and mo'creatures mods into a downloadable for singe player

[MODMANAGER COMP] Minecraft Community Pack v2.6 [BETA v1.2] - Minecraft Forums

Also Ive noticed server modding seems to all have dropped away as updates have occurred and heyomod was unsupported, looks like Bukkit server mod is where its at, and other smp servers are again having all those features again.

I say backup the GU server and create a fresh one. You cant dupe anymore and falling damage and health works so that changes the game.

Then we can build something like this...

Comment

• Server is still down?

Comment

• Minecraft advert:

Comment

• Minecraft: The Last Minecart

Comment

• Have i been banned on server? have not been able to join for afew months now

Comment

• I dont think it is up.

Comment

• * Delay/repeater blocks
                  * Beds
                  * Added three new half-size blocks (wooden slab, cobblestone slab, sandstone slab)
                  * Slimes have a higher spawn rate (?)
                  * New Mojang logo splash screen
                  * Graphics settings screen
                  * Ability to toggle between classic lighting and "smooth" lighting
                  * Worlds now use a generic McRegion chunk save format, with built-in auto conversion
                  * While starting a new world, players can choose their own name and seed to generate the world
                  * More than 5 Worlds possible
                  * Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
                  * Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter ?whitelist <cmd>? where cmd is ?on?, ?off?, ?add <player>?, ?remove <player>?, ?list? or ?reload?
                  * F1 now toggles HUD.
                  * F3 can now be toggled.
                  * When F3 is pressed, mobs display a number over their head. This number is referred to as the "entity id" and can be seen in the console when players connect to a server.
                  * F8 toggles mouse smoothing
                  * In 3rd person mode, character can be visibly seen to bob side to side when you walk (only when View Bobbing is enabled).
                  * Sandstone is now found at the bottom of naturally generated sand.
                  * All pressure plates now require two of its materials, instead of 3. The new stone slabs are now created by using 3 of the materials (see specific block pages for further information)
                  * Mine time for Sandstone decreased.
                  * Redstone dust will get darker the farther away it is from a source of power.
                  * New painting added of a flaming skull.
                  * Some blocks of ice have curved edges.(Needs clarification.)
                  * Blocks break slower while in air. (Needs clarification.)
                  * Less passive Mobs when on harder modes (?)
                  * Deleting world confirmation changed slightly.
                  * Lapis Lazuli now drops 4-8 pieces when mined instead of 1 in SMP.
                  Time to stock up on stone slabs.

Can we use TNT on gu yet?

Comment

• Minecraft officially heading to iOS and probably Android: Gamasutra - News - Official Minecraft iOS, Android Release Coming Later This Year

Comment

• WOOT minecraft 1.3 update is alot better video load time faster and video rendering is alot better shadows for one! and FULLSCREEN!!!! F11

Comment

• Comment

• GDC 2011: Piracy Is Not Theft, Says Minecraft Creator | Edge Magazine

Comment

• So having the flu and not much better to do, I decided to check out the latest version of Minecraft.

I wasn't overly impressed. It is pretty much the same as it was months ago, with a few more block types.

Having the flu though, I was feeling a little bored, and a little insane... so I built a 4-bit Decoder.

(First half shows it working. Second half shows the machine itself).

Not quite as impressive as the 16-bit ALU someone else built, but then again, I am not quite that insane either.

Comment

• Im not sure that the latest version was aimed at the creation of in game alu/gpu/wuwu's or muumuu's
                              Beds, lighting, collision detection, dispensers that function correctly, stability (needs lots more work here) and water mobs seems to be my roundup of the latest patch
                              Upcoming items on offer include pets and more monster mobs as well as friendly/useful mobs.
                              For single player i recommend the Mo' Creatures mod and associated patches to make that function, and Mine Colony for a bit of bot based fun with peasants.
                              Multiplayer i havent come across anything better or more useful than the RuneCraft mod (power pickaxe ftw)

Fora bit of a laugh start your seeded multiplayer world with "Gargamel"
                              some other good seeds i have come across/used include:
                              Notch - Basic starter world high in resources and low in cave systems
                              Tundra - Good hilly area loaded with minerals
                              Heavy Metal - (not sure on the spelling or caps location on that one, just word of mouth) Hilly and lava prone

Comment

• Oh, I didn't logon to build what I built... I just couldn't find anything better to do.

I haven't checked out many mods, but what turns me off the game is the lack of any challenge. Adding beds, and different coloured wood doesn't really help that.

Don't get me wrong... the simple crafting and building aspect of Minecraft has kept me entertained for... way more hours than it should have, but it gets old.

If they worked on better AI for the zombies, and got it working well in multiplayer, Minecraft would be one of the most kick arse games ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X