X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh !!!! LMAO it dammaged my dungen unground

On another Note have i been blocked on the server cant connect

Comment

• I am getting the refused connect too Xolares.

Comment

• Thats good!

Comment

• You guys must be crashing it blowing things up

Comment

• SMP Health update out!

SMP Health Update is out : The Word of Notch

SMP Health Update is out

I'm expecting bugs on this one, so I'm monitoring the usual channels (irc, twitter, email) extra carefully.

Basically everything I talked about in the last post is done, with some extras such as visible hurt animations (how did I forget that?) and visible fire on burning mobs.

The lighting still isn't right, I need to rewrite it. I think I know what the problem is now, though. Or rather, I know what ONE problem is. You know when you're traveling by boat, and you see weird strips of light on the ocean floor in multiplayer? That.

Also needed is visible armor on players and mobs (sheep!), and some tweaks to reduce laggy moving mobs. And bows and arrows.

There are a couple of new settings for the server:
            pvp. True by default. If this is set to false, players can't hurt other players.
            spawn-monsters. True by default. Set to false to remove all monsters.
            spawn-animals. Also true by default. Set to false to remove all animals.

[edit:]

Wow, that broke the game. Hold on while I try to fix stuff.

[edit:]

I've uploaded a new server and a new client, fixing the two major bugs I heard about.
            I had to disable leaves decaying again (sorry!) because it caused infinite loops in certain situations.

Keep me posted, and I'll keep fixing!
            Update out - SMP health! : Minecraft

Some comments about it so far:

If you were looking to play SMP the way you've been playing SSP so far, you better sit down.

Quick overview of what will disappoint you:

Items can still be dropped and picked up to reset their use count, but if you die, the use count will persist on the items dropped.
            Skeletons make no sound when shooting, and their arrows are invisible.
            When you're on fire, the screen shakes, but flames are not visible.
            The player doesn't make a sound when being hurt.
            Upon respawning, the player will be invisible. So will mobs.
            If a player has died, he can place blocks on the block he is currently standing on. This will not decrease the block count in his inventory, effectively cloning blocks.
            If a player dies and disconnects without respawning, upon rejoining, they will be invisible and invulnerable to damage. Items cannot be picked up by the player. Entering a minecart will crash their client. A possible fix would be to delete the player's .dat file from the players folder inside the world folder.
            Mobs appear to take more damage than in SSP before dying. Probably because while your client shows you've hit them, the server might disagree. Lag issues.
            Leaves are still not decaying.
            Furnaces are fiddly (they sometimes make items disappear).

Nonetheless, this update shows that Notch really is committed to fixing SMP, and we can only hope the fixes for these and other issues arrive soon.
            Wiki of all SMP bugs: Known bugs - Minepedia - The Minecraft Wiki!

Comment

• Is the GU server offline permanantly?

Comment

• Whore house

It seems after the last round of updates bug fixes and so on lots of servers are offline, Internode, whirlpool and GU wouldnt load for me. But SimplicityMinecraft.com a sydney server would. Its pretty much anarchy with no rules, Player killing is allowed and health works, monsters spawn at night and kill you, you die you drop everything in your entire inventory, but you can pick it up again if your fast. A new glitch allows some people to die and remain invisible as a ghost? A new infuritating way to die is being killed by something invisible.

I made a whorehouse for people to get wood at. It didnt last long. Heres some pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	wh3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	596613Click image for larger version

Name:	wh1.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	596614Click image for larger version

Name:	wh2.jpg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	596615Click image for larger version

Name:	wh4.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	596616

Comment

• Lol nice work
                  the MP server we have local LAN here is now complete with teleporters and skycities gouged from the ground by mighty runes.
                  But a whorehouse to get wood at, now we are talking!

Comment

• Some might call Minecraft's simplified graphics charming, but a new mod shows us that the game can be far more visually striking. Scribblecraft is a texture pack mod created by Kristopher Bel that swaps out the game's textures for his hand-drawn substitutes. If you wanna grab the mod, hit the link below -- just make sure you install the HD Texture Fix first.
                    Scribblecraft mod gives Minecraft that hand-drawn look | Joystiq

Comment

• For those who dont know. Minecraft will enter Beta in a few days

Comment

• We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.
                        Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.

Comment

• good to see

Click image for larger version

Name:	trees.jpg
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	596621

Good to see the server back up. Looks like someones gone plant crazy and or natures had its way.

Massive hole near spawn doesnt really impress me, it would be better away from spawn in its own area but oh well. Big water falls on my house and most of the old moxy house chipped away.

Good to see scary nights with lots of mobs, zombie, spiders and working health, weapon and falling damage.

Anyone up for PVP time? Just put all your shit in a chest first but Im up for it.

Comment

• Real life Minecraft:

Comment

• Players of indie PC phenomenon Minecraft will now be able to explore and construct levels on the move with the release of Minecraft World Explorers on iOS.

The new app will allow players to build and refine levels on their iPhone or iPad before simply exporting them back to their computer.
                              Minecraft is a sandbox creator that allows players to create their own levels using 3D boxes before surviving in these user-created game worlds. The PC version finally entered beta last week and has sold over 850,000 copies since its launch.

Previous iPhone editions have been swiftly removed from the App store so this latest release will be welcome for those desperate to play on the bus.

Minecraft World Explorer is available for ?1.19/$1.99
                              Minecraft World Explorer released on iPhone | Minecraft World Explorer news | Pocket Gamer

Comment

• is the minecraft server down again?

Comment

Working...
                                X