No announcement yet.

Minecraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on your server burning your trees! (Not really, it wasn't me... I was just a victim.)

Been playing minecraft for a while on another server a friend of mine was hosting. Been spoiled by op rights, but keen to get in to a real server. My doods name is Lynch82.

Catch you all online.

Comment

also so you can break their stuff

Comment

Minecraft hysteria and sweeping the globe, but give that it's still in development infancy, there's a lot to be added and improved. An October 31st update will see a number of big improvements including scarier monsters that will prove a real challenge, and torches that will die - meaning you'll need to reignite them with flint or build everlasting lanters instead. Not only that, but fishing rods will finally be of use with the ability to catch fish, and you'll be able to craft a watch to keep track of time.

Comment

Also is there some form of etiquette with regards to requesting items from ops?

Is it a complete no-no, or is it acceptable in the case of bugged items.

A good example is water. Say I want to build a water slide... I can't transport water sources in multiplayer due to a bug. But an op could grant me a pile of water by typing: /give Lynch82 8 64

Having op rights and just magicking everything in to existence ruins the fun of minecraft, but at the same time, some stuff is just plain broken and can only be achieved by an op magicking it up.

Comment

I don't see a problem with that, makes sense!

We'll be handing out op privs to a few more people over coming weeks too.

Comment

I don't see a problem with that, makes sense!

We'll be handing out op privs to a few more people over coming weeks too.

Comment

Testing the cartography generation (map big map of GU world in Minecraft).

Click image for larger version

Name:	world-map-05-10-2010-13h56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	596447

Large: http://gamers-underground.com/minecr...2010-13h56.png

Comment

That's awesome.

Comment

Yes, yes... this is a fertile land and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land and we will call it... this land.

Comment

i think we should call it, YOUR GRAVE!

Comment

Shit,,,,, So that's where I ended up. I decided one night to do a long long durny to the end of the map. Though was hopping I didnt do a U turn. Though you can see my GIANT platform from the screen shot sweet.

Comment

Jumped on your server tonight, looks pretty sweet. Now the developer just needs to make server software that doesn't destroy your CPU

Here is a project I have been working on, on another server:

It's taking me FOREVERRRRRRR. It's been done off a maze blueprint that some program generated for me.

Comment

Got loads of these in the logs...

2010-10-05 22:05:50 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
                            2010-10-05 22:05:54 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

Then it died.... will research tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                              i think we should call it, YOUR GRAVE!
                              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Bets on someone making minecarts, or minecart tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X