No announcement yet.

Star Trek Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're accepting applications for the closed beta if that's your kind of thing.

Latest Entries | Star Trek Online Official Site

Comment

yeah good luck, they havent even given them out to the Champions players they owe them to yet

Comment

Im dieing to play it!!!! im waitng for Beta Also but still no go

Comment

Comment

Ground combat isn't looking very tactical :/

Comment

Intel HD Graphics huh? People with shitty laptops everywhere can rejoice :p

Comment

Yeah I'm not sure that I like the engine it's being developed for/on; Cryptic games never really appealed to me visually.

Time will tell.

Comment

STO is available for pre-order now on Steam and other digital delivery places. Game goes live Feb 2nd but pre-ordering lets you play the open beta which starts on the 12th and lets you start playing the game proper after the open beta closes, 2 days earlier than it goes on sale.

Some dude is playing the closed beta now and streaming the gameplay. Looks cool: Star Trek Online Closed Beta! on Justin.tv

Comment

Anyone else getting this? The beta gameplay I'm watching does look pretty good. I just don't like it when he commentates.

I'll probably be bored by the end of beta, but may buy it just for that.

Comment

i preordered my copy on steam aswell as from gamestop

you get extras if you buy the box - limmited edition shit yadda yadda

Comment

So, you'll have two accounts? I'll have to reconsider my interest.

Comment

Not necessarily, rec. Different pre-orders from different outlets both online and bricks and mortar came with different pre-order bonuses. My understanding is you just enter the key provided with the copy of the game to unlock that particular piece of content. I believe the "bonus content key" is distinct from the "serial" for the game itself.

So if you wanted the TOS uniform set that comes when you pre-order from Amazon.com AND the Trill character class you get from Best Buy AND the customised NX- prefix instead of the standard NCC- prefix you get if you buy from D2D then you'd buy it from 3 different places then enter the bonus content keys that came with each to unlock it all on the one account.

At least that's how I think it works, and I've mashed up the outlets and the bonuses a bit. I guess the idea was to make people buy the same game several times, and it seems to have worked. There's nothing stopping you on-selling the game itself after you've used the bonus content key though.

Marketing cynicism aside for a moment though, I am properly excited about the game. At first I was skeptical about their ability to pull off a decent Star Trek MMO since there hasn't been a decent Star Trek game (nevermind MMO) in 18 years, but as I've watched more clips and read more news I've managed to begin looking at STO as a game on it's own merit rather than trying to shoehorn what I see into what my expectations of the game should be.

I've pre-ordered the digital deluxe version from Steam and am waiting for the open beta to unlock sometime in the next few days.

Comment

Just pre-purchased

Comment

Re: Star Trek Online

*sigh, ok, I'm in.

Comment

Can't pre-load once pre-purchased? And the beta is meant to be released today, or something? Bah!

Comment

Working...
                                X