No announcement yet.

Aion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it depends if they enable xp loss in the abyss (pvp zone); which they probably wont.

Comment

i dont get that installation process. you download 6gb via steam - launch game, and it opens the ncsoft launcher and wants to download another 6gb and install that (note: install, not update) - defaulting to a directory other than the steamapps dir where the aion folder currently exists?!

seems like it's flatout ignored the content downloaded through steam!

did this happen for everyone else? or has my existing NCsoft launcher borked things for me?

Comment

I think maby the ncsoft launcher is broken for you. It only updated about 20mb through the launcher after launching and installing the ncsoft launcher through steam.

Chuck a post in the beta forums and steam comunity forums.

Comment

before trying that, when i get home i'll just try copying the contents of the steam aion folder into the directory that the NCsoft launcher is trying to install into and see what that does

but yeah, i wouldnt be surprised if my existing launcher stuffed it up somehow

Comment

So this game is good then? I might need to give it a shot ^_^ I love anime styling mmo's ^_^

Comment

I am actually going to grab my self the collectors edition from steam. I now have a normal account that I want to offload if anyone wants. $50 au sounds good for me if anyone wants.

Comment

just on the xp loss, PVP battles will almost definately exclude the xp loss, like lineage when doing castle seiges.

might have someone interested lothar will let you know bud

Comment

Cheers Heretic.

Comment

ahh hadnt noticed the game properties in NCsoft launcher let you redefine the home dir for the game. that sort it for me. just had to point to the bin32 dir in steam's aion folder.

Comment

i like the faq

What is PvPvE?

PvPvE is an acronym that stands for Player versus Player versus Environment.

Ganking people who are questing dur

Comment

except in this game you are meant too...

think about that for a minute. yeah.

seriously torn between Cleric and Chanter

Comment

ooh, Chanter is pretty OP.

Going to play a Spiritmaster on release. Loved it during the beta. A bit underpowered before level 10, but as soon as you get your Fire Spirit (first pet) it's all smooth sailing.

Comment

Im going a Sorc

Comment

Templar here - suits the namesake

Comment

Having a few duels last weekend on my preist. No one character could beat me even been two levels higher than me at level 8. I suspect they will get a nerf or two in the very neer future.

What supprised me is the actual amounts of preists playing. About 1 in every 5 people I had seen were playing them which is good for groups I suppose, I didn't see however very many warriors....

In saying all of that I am going to go a Cleric.

Comment

Working...
                                X