No announcement yet.

Aion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we decide on a server we'll all use before the next beta kicks off?

Comment

There was only one beta server available for B4. B5 may be the same, but we won't know til it kicks off.

Early birds can post up the server when B5 starts.

Comment

if i have learnt anything from betas, its that most people will play classes they wont play on retail. most people that play retail get right into it, but when you see the mass' play the ratio's will be different. i can see heaps of warriors come retail.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

monthly fees... i'lll wait till guildwars 2

Comment

What kind of fees do they usually involve?

Comment

$15 USD per month. Plus whatever the game is to buy generally around $40 USD.

Comment

I think all expansions for this game are free as well.

Comment

Well for thoes going to buy it from a shop front the collectors edition from eb is$20 more than the ones at game

Comment

if they go the same way with this as they did with the City Of .. franchises, the monthly fee will certainly be worth it. City of Heroes/Villains has hat free expansions every 3 months since day 1. Some of those expansions have been massive too (not to mention the one that gave every account full access to both games even if you only bought one).

Comment

Originally posted by psyave View Post
                        monthly fees... i'lll wait till guildwars 2
                        you are seriously worried about $5 a week?

Comment

The game will allow a player to dye their equipment (or displayed armor) and "equip" the skin of a weapon or armor they find visually appealing, while benefiting from the actual stats of a different weapon or armor (via an NPC). However, players can't use items they can't equip, even as skins. A Spiritmaster, for instance, can't "equip" the skin of a plate chestpiece, as Spiritmasters can't wear plate. You also can't use the skin of a pair of leather gloves while benefiting from the stats of cloth, mail or plate gloves.

This adds another layer of customization (as it allow players to control the look of their avatar without sacrificing the better stats of an item that they find visually unappealing [11]) and strategy to the game. One can, for example, display the skin of a level 28 armor set, while you're actually level 40, and benefiting from the stats of your mismatched level 40 items. This can throw your opponents off, especially coupled with the fact that you can't discern the level of other players in PvP, making for more engaging gameplay.
                          in other words..
                          Attached Files

Comment

haha that is awsome. have this giant armoured tank running around appearing to be dressed in sackcloth wielding a stick.

Comment

I just hope it allows you to use skins from higher level items

Comment

with some spell equiv of Conceal Party so the other 8 players supporting him are invisible

Comment

Working...
                                X