Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by Joshuayu101; 23-10-11, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• just got around to watching The book of Eli = worth a watch

Denzel carries hard but in her defense the chick is reasonably hot

apologies if this is already here (i did a quick search)

Comment

• Originally posted by insidious View Post
        just got around to watching The book of Eli = worth a watch

Denzel carries hard but in her defense the chick is reasonably hot

apologies if this is already here (i did a quick search)
        +1 I enjoyed it. I love the post apocalyptic themed movies/games. The only drawback to the movie was the bible.
        That chick btw is mila kunis and she's smokin

Comment

• You don't know Mila Kunis!!! - Go watch Friends with Benefits NOW.

Comment

• That 70's Show is also worth a mention for Mila Kunis action.
            I'm not sure why they used such a hottie for Meg's voice in Family Guy though.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnSCaRReD View Post
              That 70's Show is also worth a mention for Mila Kunis action.
              I'm not sure why they used such a hottie for Meg's voice in Family Guy though.
              That's the joke. BOomtish.

Comment

• But it messes with my whole perception of Meg, and also of the real her in other movies.

Comment

• Watched Holy Flying Circus tonight. It's a strange Pyton take (no it really is) on the telling the story of how the Pyton group handled the uproar in England when they tried to release Life of Brian in 1979. It leads up to its finale and the famous TV Chat show where Palin and Cleese agree to go on air to try and point out what the film is about and what its not about but they end up getting hounded by two bishops.

The cast are great and do a very good job of impersonating the original team (with the exception of the Terry Gilliam actor).

It's billed as a comedy Drama and that's where it failed for me a little in so far as it was not really either genre nor a well blended mix. Still well worth the watch and it has some great lines.

There is no trailer as it was a BBC one off, but this clip sets it up nicely.

Comment

• Jury is out....
                    Without Men Official Trailer - YouTube

Comment

• In Time - Held my interest although not great.

The Rum Diary - Don't bother, should comment in the NOT worth watching thread.

Harold and Kumar Christmas whatever it's called - good value for 6 bucks in the states, not worth Aus ticket pricing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ResLo View Post
                        Awesome premise.
                        2.7/10 on Rotten Tomatoes :p

Comment

• Comment

• Faster - Dwayne Johnston and Billy Bob Thornton.

This movie has been sitting on my HDD for quite some time now and last night I finally started to watch it.

From the outset I'll say that I haven't seen any trailers for it, I just assumed from the lead Actor and Movie poster that it was a Driver or 60 seconds or less kind of movie. Boy was I wrong.

This film is definitely in my top 3 for the year. I cant quite put my hand on it yet (I still have a third of the film to go but I simply had to stop it and start writing this review before my train of thought left me) but it for now seems like the perfect combination of cast, story, directing and cinematography. When I use the word perfect there you have to understand that I'm using it within the context and stature of the film. No Oscars are going to be given out here, but its close to nomination status in many fields in my opinion.

The story is not the one I was expecting and the storyline including the backstory are drip fed brilliantly. The acting is top notch, certainly a breakout film for "The Rock" Dwyane Johonson and Billy Bob Thornton is solid as ever. As I say that however I am reminded of a recent trailer with Dwayne where he is back to his old kids movie role and that is such a mistake. If the final act of this film delivers as I hope it will (and so far its gotten better and better as the time ticked by) he should start waiting for scripts and make himself the next Stallone/Willis type of go to guy for action movies "with more". I acknowledge that he got his start in the Vince McMann specials but really he is much better than most give him credit for. His acting in this (remember people acting is not just about delivering a line) is great.

The story itself is not one that I've seen before, at least not presented in the same fashion. Without giving anything away, its a revenge movie, think Mel Gibson in Payback, but the story as I said before is really delivered in a new and exciting way where you know roughly what is going to happen but twists and tangents are taken (not just for the sake of it) to keep you guessing and for me anyway, enthralled.

...Ok I've finished it now and I'm happy with the film as a whole although it didn't quite get to the heights I thought it might, in any case I highly recommend this flick.

8/10.

EDit - I've just watched the trailer and it has some spoilers in there so please don't watch it. I've also seen on Rotten Tomatoes its rating is 45%...that surprised me. I guess there are lot more kids rating movies than I thought
                            Last edited by ResLo; 18-11-11, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• I thought Faster was quite shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milenko View Post
                                I thought Faster was quite shit.
                                I liked the movie, just not the ending.......

Comment

Working...
                                X