Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has a massive 96% at Rotten Tomatoes. Loaded are calling it "one of the greatest samurai movies ever made." The Los Angeles Times shares that sentiment, saying "a classic samurai movie, right up there among the finest in the genre."

Did I say 5 double passes? I meant 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by rec View Post
      It has a massive 96% at Rotten Tomatoes. Loaded are calling it "one of the greatest samurai movies ever made." The Los Angeles Times shares that sentiment, saying "a classic samurai movie, right up there among the finest in the genre."

Did I say 5 double passes? I meant 4.
      3. Gimme. :p

Comment

• yummy

Comment

• Ghost Rider: 2 Wait No I'm Not The First Film! (aka Spirit of Vengeance)

I figure the first one was SUCH a clusterfuck that this one can't help but be better. Also, I'm a CG whore and it looks like they had an actual CG company working on this one (rather than Nicolas Cage being given a copy of After Effects). At any rate, the trailer alone is better than the entire first film, though it appears GR can now piss fire? i don't recall that from the comics but yeah, okay.. it worked for Hector in Dragon Hunters I guess...

Comment

• Maybe we should split this thread into "movies worth watching" and "trailers for films that will probably suck"

Comment

• works for me

Comment

• Originally posted by rec View Post

The winners are:
                • Kagetsu
                • Milenko
                • Psyave
                • kenderman3
                • Wrathlon
                Those five people have been private messaged requesting a postal address. If an address hasn't been obtained by 5pm Monday, I will re-draw that winner, or winners.

I'm aware that a couple of those people are in Darwin or overseas, meaning they can't use the movie passes. If you're not overseas and not in Darwin and want them, start hassling one of the winners.
                Last edited by rec; 01-09-11, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• when're you drawing the misfits one?

Comment

• Right now!

Comment

• Psyave has requested I redraw his winning selection, as he currently resides in the USA.

The new winner is:
                      • UnSCaRReD

Comment

• Do they have cinemas in Young

Comment

• Neat. Jay wants mine - so I'll PM you his address when he gives it to me

Comment

• These guys never gave me a postal address:
                            • Kagetsu
                            • kenderman3
                            • Wrathlon

The redrawn winners are:
                            • jimmy
                            • Lothar
                            • ResLo

Comment

• Woohoo.

Comment

• Back on topic I saw two films last night, Attack the Block and The Beaver.

The Beaver - OK film and Gibson was good without being great. I actually was more interested in the side story with his son. 6/10
                                Attack the Block - One of those films where at the end you say to yourself....man the trailer made that look way better. Give it a miss. 4/10.

Comment

Working...
                                X