No announcement yet.

Bad Company 2 tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The -only- providers in Australia are Hypernia and GameArena as far as I'm aware. Gamers-Underground.com and 3FL are through Hypernia. GameArena charge exactly 3x as much for theirs.

If Internode were approved, they would have already had their servers up. The "no more servers" rule from DICE only happened on Saturday the 6th of March.

Comment

For those who are playing bc2 in the same network as another person. If you and another person are wanting to play bc2 on the same server and are both using the same modem. This may fix it

In Steam:
      1. Go to Steam's My games menu
      2. Right-click on the BFBC2 and select Properties
      3. From the General tab, click the Set launch options button
      4. Add a different client port number on each machine between 27005 and 27032 in the following format:

Code:

+clientport 270XX

Where XX is a different number for each system. (Do not use 27020).

This may stop the kicking issue

Comment

Me and OD were getting that on the weekend. Nice find.

Comment

Not so much a tweak but a fix.
          It apears that BC2 is built on intricate shaders for Direct x11 and at present takes a long time to load all the shaders. The fix to force Direct X9 is to reduce those load times and thus pruduce better performance. The downside is it apears to then cause issues with some water but more annoyingly the glass shields on the mounted MG's become blacked out, to fix that you need to remove the Direct x9 line in your settings.ini............

Comment

Brilliant Bad Company 2 performance guide here: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 GPU Performance In-depth - TechSpot

Shows you the differences in all levels of details etc. And here's a round-up of video card performance:

Click image for larger version

Name:	9559_1..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	595843

Comment

Whats this about a 300MB patch that has been released ?

Comment

where is the hd4870 crossfire on that chart dammit

Comment

There was a 300mb patch on launch day.

Comment

The "DxVersion=dx9" tweak is wrong. It is suppose to be just "DxVersion=9".

Once i put put in the correct code, my mumble overlay started working. So i guess people who are having problems having mumble overlay showing up ingame should try this.

Comment

Here is a Handy little trick i have come across. Now I need to find out how to unbind my Joystick keys from FOOT. Nothing seems to work
                      Anybody with Windows 7 having issues with:

1) Pings not being displayed in the server browser
                      2) Being kicked from the game
                      3) Random disconnections

Solution: Run with administrative priviledgesBFBC2Game.exe; found be default in:

Code:
                      C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield bad company 2
                      For those who don't know.

1) Navigate to the above directory
                      2) Right click on 'BFBC2Game.exe'
                      3) Select 'Properties'
                      4) Move to the 'Compatibility' tab.
                      5) Under 'Priviledge Level' put a tick in 'Run this program as an administrator'

6) Click ok.
                      7) Right click again on 'BFBC2Game.exe' and select 'Send to' select 'Desktop (Create Shortcut). You need to use this one instead of the Steam Generated one.

At this point you need to CLOSE the Steam client completely. You need to do this, or else launching the game will fail until Steam is restarted.

7) Exit from any Steam windows, and right click the Steam icon in your taskbar (by the clock)and select 'Exit'
                      8) Use the shortcut you've created on your desktop to launch the game

REASON: The administritive privledges you've granted the .exe file will not work if the app is launched through Steam (which we're not running as Administrator).

I can now see servers and their pings and sort/filter them. there are acutally some low ping servers....

Comment

2411996085,2ae43fa5-9864-47a5-92eb-d6a3a857c672,Gamers-Underground.com #4 [SQDM]

Comment

Just a note that I've updated the 'server favorites' code to include all 4 GU servers.

Comment

To get localized voice in the game, you will need to modify the gamesettings.ini file located in my documents. The ingame menu doesnt seem to change it at all.
                            Code:
                            CarRadio=0

OriginalVOForEnemyTeam=0 <--- change this to 0, default is 1
                            Also changing CarRadio to 0 to disable the ambient sound while in a vehicle.

Comment

Added new tweak that should improve hit rego.

Comment

what ping are you supposed to believe for that exactly? the server browser where it says 70, if it says anything, or in-game where it says 200

Comment

Working...
                                X