No announcement yet.

Bad Company 2 tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried the server tweak and yes it managed to fix the hitbox's however it raised my ping considerably. I tried several figures form 75 to 155. As Pala said which ping......

Comment

In previous battlefields it the rego tweak didnt improve rego, it just changes the the client side view. Maybe in bc2 it might be different. oh well

Comment

Fix for Spawn Lag after R7 Client update

Added both the game folder and the "my documents/BFBC2"(or something like that...) to the resident shield exceptions on AVG, oddly enough, it worked for me.
        Good luck you all
        EDIT: Checked and confirmed in some servers
        See, someone that can talk better than I do...
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Atomprompen View Post
        Ok. To sum this up:

REASON FOR THE RESPAWN FREEZ:

Your anti-virus(AV) is causing the respawn freez. As a DICE-member stated earlier the problems most likely lies in the saved class file. Every time you respawn the game checks the GameSettings.ini file for class configs, and the AV got some of problem with this, making the game freez for a second, sometimes more.

SOLUTION FOR THE RESPAWN FREEZ:

Add the BFBC2 folder in your "My Documents" to the anti-viruses exeptions-list. [ I've checked, and its the only folder who needs to be added ]
        Ex: "C:/Users/[NAME]/My Documents/BFBC2/"

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tryfusion View Post
        Disabling Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Security Essentials also worked for me.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by pi1t View Post
        Disabling Defence+ in Comodo Internet Security also worked. Couldn't add the path to trusted files so had to disable. Maybe adding it works too but not for me.
        ^^Careful with that one, not sure if fully disabling a feature for the game's sake is just such a good idea...
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Perran90 View Post
        Works for me no more lag on respawn. uhu
        I add GameSettings.ini on eset smart security 4 ex list, and no more lag.l

From Link - Spawn LAG fix(at least for me by now...) - Electronic Arts UK Community

Comment

Thanks Spiritwalker

Comment

Set this up this arvo but not had a chance to try it out.

Comment

why bother? it's fucked now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                why bother? it's fucked now.
                what you sookin' 'bout aegis?

Comment

the game, following that nerf bat attack, is now shit.

knifing is far worse than ever before.
                  the mortar strike is less effective than a bucket of water.
                  i now get horrible black flickering when i walk near a building - destroyed or otherwise (nvidia driver update didn't fix this and it wasnt happening before the patch).
                  the M60 is now a better sniping weapon than any of the sniper rifles.

but the knifing is what really shits me. out of probably 20 knife attempts last night, i got 3 tags - normally that would be closer to 15 -except in this instance i swung and missed up to 5 times on most of the attempts including against at least one sniper who was stationary as i moved around him trying to hit the fucker.

Comment

Most of my issues stem from the lag type being experienced. Knife kills were still simple enough for me and I found no graphical glitches. Weapons have been nerfed a bit to much as some produce way better than they should. I guess it will be another patch.

Comment

two types of lag: network and graphical - i definitely dont have graphic lag (unless that black flicker is indicative of something worse) and my ping was the same as ever. at the suggestion of someone on mumble I checked the pings of the people i was trying to stab and only one had a bad ping.

Comment

i didn't experience any lag issues, I did however have to stab a sniper in the back 4 times before he died... Me thinks there also has to be a way to stop retards from taking the chopper and bailing just to get into the fight quicker, leaving me to perish in the burning wreak after the pilot-less chopper crashes and burns.

Comment

Knife nerfed eh? Good. Sick and fucking tired of unloading a whole clip into a guy at point blank range and him swinging a knife once and killing me instantly.

Comment

that's a different issue entirely, OD.

Comment

How exactly have they nerfed the knife? Is it a range thing? If shorter, how is that a bad thing? It was ridiculous before.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                                that's a different issue entirely, OD.
                                How?

Comment

Working...
                                X