• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was changed.

Blue improvements, Red nerfs.
    Attached Files

Comment

This has changed the whole game for me. Back to the drawing board regarding my weapon choices. I can't believe they've done this. So stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
        How exactly have they nerfed the knife? Is it a range thing? If shorter, how is that a bad thing? It was ridiculous before.
        i dont believe they've done anything directly to the knife, it just doesnt register hits 95% of the time now instead of the previous 20%. also that range thing on the knife is lag.

Originally posted by OverDrive View Post
        How?
        your issue is that a full clip doesn't always guarantee a kill. my issue is that a purely pointblank weapon is barely working at all.

the full clip/no kill thing can happen anytime - not just when someone's about to knife you. it's just more prevalent when trying to fend off a knifing because people panic and hold the trigger down then more than they do at other times and sustained fire almost guarantees not all the bullets will hit (in this game) no matter how close the bad guy is.

i don't care what your feelings about the knife are, when you cant stab someone who's standing, unawares, in front of you by the 5th attempt, that's a problem.
        Last edited by Aegis; 23-04-10, 12:17 PM.

Comment

knife should be instakill from behind, and do no damage at all from the front. it's not hard.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
            How exactly have they nerfed the knife? Is it a range thing? If shorter, how is that a bad thing? It was ridiculous before.
            Well if your the victim thats about to get knifed, you have about 70% chance of surviving the first stab

Comment

Originally posted by paladin View Post
              knife should be instakill from behind, and do no damage at all from the front. it's not hard.
              I agree completely.

Comment

stupid idea. for one: knifing already has a greater failure rate from the front -see being shot. for another: huh? htf would you justify that?!

Comment

A good rule that we had in a Tournament that we used to hold weekly for BF2 / 2142 for AOW Tournament that we were only aloud to knife once all your primary and secondary ammo were expended. It is better for the whole battle to shoot someone 10 foot away than to knife - you have less chance of dying in most if not all situations.

However I do note this is not a Tournament it is Pub play.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                    htf would you justify that?!
                    easily. the problem is that it should not. ever. be possible to run straight at a guy unloading an m60 at you, and kill him with a knife. ever. not even remotely.

Comment

this is true, the gun should kill you if the guy has half a clue about aiming. that shouldnt stop the knife working if he fails to hit you though - or not be shooting, or be trying to knife you right back.

IMO all the guns should do 80-100 dmg at close range (say 12 feet) then have massive falloff to their current levels shortly after that

Comment

at the range you need to get to to knife, aiming shouldn't even be a consideration. the fact is its a frontal attack and should be mitigated by the expectation that you're a trained fucking soldier, and not a muppet.

Comment

might as well make it a movie with AI players in that case. there's a lot of things that shouldnt happen in the game because you're a trained soldier - the least of which is the inability to hit someone charging at you - but they do. at least your issue can be mitigated by playing the hardcore mode - it's a *lot* harder to get the rambo frontal assault knifings in that mode than standard.

Comment

no, it's not the 'least of which'. spraying bullets at someone charging up a narrow stair case, only to have them leap the last 25 stairs and knife you in the face for an instagib is downright fucking lame.

Comment

it is. the inability to push my way past a sapling the diametre of my thumb has killed me far more times than a failed spray at a knife attacker. not to mention pilots who most definitely aren't.

Comment

hah dont start on terrain bullshit. i found a set of fucking stairs i had to jump up.

Comment

Working...
                                X